Tuesday, 1 November 2011

Oh the Places We Go!

There won't be enough time to wade through all the links I discovered tonight unless we have a couple snow days in a row. Barb took us into  Elluminate.com to talk about several web sites which we were to investigate for assistance for our students as they develop their reading skills. Even though the internet was not on our side tonight, we did have time to work though several sites:

Game Goo-Learning That Sticks

Free Technology Toolkit for Univeral Design for Learning in All Classrooms

Starfall's Learning to read with Phonics

I was also interested in the Tumblebooks web site. The link led us to a site designed for junior/senior high students but a little searching led me to

Easy Readers and Chapter Books in Tumblebooks

Even though the price is not cheap, special collections are available for a year's subscription at a reasonable price.

Of course, each of the sites has many links to other sites which support reading development. I suggest you take some time to explore each of these sites.To get you started, check these out:


1 comment: